1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Was Your Favorite 2010 Winter Olympic Athlete?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 1, 2010.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Bode Miller, but he was my favorite before going into the Olympics, mostly for being such a quirky bastard.
    Winning medals just made it that much better.
    Julia Mancuso on the women's side. Every time she'd slip on a tiara and do that dorky white girl medal dance, I'd laugh my ass off.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Rafalski, Parise, Miller any athlete who has the onions to do the mogul or arials competition.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

For those who are saying that White seems like a good guy: I have a friend who works for Burton Snowboard company and has met White and most of the top men and women of the sport. He said that most of them are really nice, but White was a pretty big dick.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Joannie's obvvious but Jon Montgomery was so un-Canadian after winning gold in the skeleton.

Chugging beer from a pitcher outside in Whistler village, showing off his auctioneering skills during an interview, and then appearing on Oprah.

5. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

shani davis, but I tend to root for bad guys.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Montgomery has a Maple Leaf tattooed on his chest. He said it's so, if they ever find him dead in a ditch somewhere, they'll know where to send him home. When I read that, I thought, "Now THIS guy is cool."

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Johnny Spillane and Ryan Miller stand out for me, as do Evan Lysacek and Steve Holcomb.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Won't get much attention in North America, but the athlete of the Games was Marit Bjoergen of Norway, a cross-country skier who won five medals, including three gold. Hard to compare athletes who only compete in one event with athletes who have the chance to win multiple medals.

Personal favorites: Women: Joannie Rochette, Gretchen Bleiler, Torah Bright

Men: Sidney Crosby, Kevin Martin, Evan Lysacek

9. ringer

ringer Active Member

Bode Miller, Bill Demong and the Nordic Combined guys (hell of a race - all 3 times), Shaun White, Alexandre Bilodeau, Speedy Peterson, Angela Ruggiero.

As for Vonn and Mancuso, I've had enough of both of them, the shin, the broken pinkie, the bottle-sliced thumb, the spokes-husband, the tiara, the stupid "white girl dance" that a previous poster mentioned (lol)... but they sure can ski!

Draft saved Draft deleted