1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Was Your Favorite 2010 Winter Olympic Athlete?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Male - Apollo Ono- Love how he competes.

Female- Julia Mancuso - Despite being overshadowed by the much promoted Lindsey Vonn, Julia went out and competed and won a medal without the fanfare.

2. JennaLaine

JennaLaine Member

Canadian figure skater Joannie Rochette. As close as I am to my mother, I just can't even imagine how horrible that must have been for her. She paid a beautiful tribute to her mother in her performances.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Male - Shaun White, Ryan Miller, Zach Parise

Female - Joanie Rochette, Cheryl Bernard's gold medal ass

4. JennaLaine

JennaLaine Member

Oh yeah, Shaun White is incredible. I love his carefree spirit. Doesn't seem to have an ego. Refreshing. Something about Bode Miller intrigues me, but I can't put my finger on it. Normally if I saw someone waste that kind of talent like he did four years ago, I'd want to kick him.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

couldn't be anyone else but joannie rochette.

but i'd vote mancuso over vonn.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Shaun White, Ryan Miller, Drew Doughty, Jonathan Toews.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Vonn and Mancuso in a two-way tie ... which would make a great three-way.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Mancuso over Vonn slightly.

9. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

I wish I had seen Slovenian cross-country skier Petra Majdic compete.
    Majdic fell in warmups and broke five ribs and punctured a lung and went on to win a bronze in the sprints.
    I wouldn't normally be impressed by an American but we watched Shaun White's performance and it was the most dominating of the Olympics. He was so far ahead of anyone else competing that it was a joke. Plus he seems like a good guy.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Alexandre Bilodeau, Joannie Rochette, Jonathan Toews and Ryan Miller are my stand outs.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ryan Miller and Zach Parise stand out for me, but I didn't get to see much outside of hockey and curling.

12. da el g

da el g Member

for chrisakes this is his third Olympics, by now you should know his name is Apolo Ohno, didn't this use to be a journalist's board, Dr. Pepper

Draft saved Draft deleted