1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was the best reporter of the Trump era?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Jan 18, 2021.

1. John Millikan

John Millikan New Member

Dave Portnoy of Barstool Sports actually had a pretty good interview with Trump.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Great. He’s still a cokehead fuccboi.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

“Who’s the best reporter of the Trump era?”

Someone typed out the words “Dave Portnoy”

I’m over on Twitter reading lunatics who are convinced Donald Trump found a legal loophole to make District of Columbia foreign territory so he can attack it tomorrow with a carrier group stationed in the Atlantic and save the nation from Biden.

And Dave Portnoy being in this thread is the stupidest thing I’ve seen today.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I didn't know Tim Alberta before this election cycle. He's very good. Farenthold's work on the charities was excellent. Yamiche Alcindor was another for me. Stood in his face when he clearly had no respect for her. Very strong person.

Will be interesting to see how Biden is covered. I can see a lot of these reporters needing a break.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Good call on that, I would take it were I them. They did their jobs. Go rest and be with your families.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I can see a few current staffers like Jake Tapper and Kelly O'Donnell be tough on Biden just to maintain cred.

7. Equalizer

Equalizer Member

Shouldn't journalists be tough on a president?

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I think they should be fair. Whether or not that's tough depends on the news consumer.

Liut likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Yamiche Alcindor? You mean the reporter who believed Jussie Smollet from minute one? LOL

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Usually there is turnover on the White House beat at the big national papers when there is a new administration. Not complete turnover, but ordinarily the reporters who covered the winning campaign move to the beat, because they have the sources now.

Liut likes this.
  11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I didn't know that.

I'd say this: we all have our hits and misses, and if you have her profile/platform, they stand out even more.

But, she had to stand in there day-after-day with a President who had zero respect for her, mainly because of the colour of her skin. That's really hard. For four years. I'd bet most people would wilt. She hung in there. I respect that.

12. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted