1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wants to take a whack?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

In the interests of beating an already long-dead horse, I'm starting this thread.

In the past three weeks we've had several dedicated to hating soccer, including two today, so why not another?

Did you know soccer is responsible for the war in Iraq, skyrocketing fuel prices, Mad Cow Disease and the Asian Bird Flu?

Did you know soccer is to blame for all current illnesses, including, but not limited to: rabies, polio, smallpox, measles, mumps, rubella, juvenile diabetes, scabies, shingles and chlamydia?

Did you know soccer was invented by Karl Marx in an effort to turn the world away from capitalism?

Am I missing any of our current problems for which soccer should foot the blame?

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

What about the slowing of home sales in the past six months? Blame the beautiful game?

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Soccer is 2006's Dubya, breaking a five-year streak.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The deficit is all soccer's fault.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I like soccer. Soccer doesn't suck.

Soccer apologists, however, can suck a mighty suck when they want to.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's soccer's fault I'm so fat.
    It's soccer's fault that I'm so bald.
    It's soccer's fault that I'm so old
    It's soccer's fault that I can't talk.

Sorry. Had to steal those lines from the Simpsons. I'm actually none of those.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

THAT was well-played. :D

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that North Korea has soccer balls painted on the tips of their warheads. Not only that, but they spent 50 percent of their GNP to create an apparatus that kicks the missile instead of launching it.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Soccer encourages homosexuality in men. And frigidity in women, I think.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Anti-soccer threads inspire Poindexter boners. Using that logic, soccer is to blame for Poin's limp dick.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Soccer depletes the ozone layer.
    Soccer is why we have a rotten health care system.

Soccer was the stupid answer I couldn't figure out for 29 down in today's crossword!  :mad:

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's soccer's fault Janie got molested by her father and had to buy a gun to blow that bastard away.

Draft saved Draft deleted