1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wants to play golf?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Apr 8, 2008.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I do! I do! Just went and bought myself three new woods (metals?). Got a Nike SQ driver, 3-wood and 5-wood. Plus, I got a bargain price. Retail was $1,028 and I got all three for $600. Throw in $300 in gift certificates I had and got 'em for $100 apiece. I hit several clubs and the guy said the Nikes were the ones. Then, they put me on the launch monitor and that backed it up. That's the only way to buy clubs. I can't wait to get out and hit them.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Good luck. My only experience with golf was a surprisingly good one.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It's finally starting to get a bit warmer here. I can't wait to get out and tee it up.

4. rube

rube Active Member

Step 2: Don't throw them in the water hazard on the 13th hole.

5. Notepad

Notepad Member

These guys need a third:

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08099/871435-100.stm

6. rube

rube Active Member

Now THAT'S golf!

7. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I played 18 last week and I'm looking for a tee time Saturday!

8. joe

joe Active Member

It was the 12th hole. Fucking no-good, traitorous 7-iron. Fuck that piece of shit. I need a 12-pack.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I've been known to throw a club or two. But I'm pretty sure I won't be throwing a $500 driver.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Had already commited to umpire a Men's Slowpitch Softball tournament Saturday, when I was invited to play in a local Knights of Columbus Tournament Scramble on Saturday.....

I may drive down to the local softball complex in my 4x4 Durango.....and fuck the place up so they have to cancel.

"Damn.......that's a hell of a mess you boys got here.......hope you get the guy that did it.....Gotta go!"

11. I'm always ready for this time of year to tee it up. I suck, but I have the most fun and relaxing time on the course. A local course -- that's pretty nice, too -- lets our sports department play for free. We pay the cart fee, so we can play all we want for $13.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Me and my 17 handicap aren't good enough to throw clubs.

My favorite club-tossing story: 1997 Nissan Open Media Day at Riviera. We're on the par-5 11th when one guy I was playing with hit one too many drives into Riviera's eucalyptus.

I'm back at my cart and happen to turn around just in time to see him helicoptering his driver toward the trees like the last chopper out of Saigon.

Given the fact this wasn't Devil's A-hole Muni, but one of the greatest courses in the country, I wanted to crawl underneath my cart. My partner and the caddie just looked over and shook their heads. Because they did it in unison, it looked like a couple of bobbleheads.

The offending club tosser didn't miss a beat, nor did he ever apologize or show any remorse. He walked out toward the trees, calmly picked up his driver, hopped in the cart and headed into the trees.

Draft saved Draft deleted