1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wants to hire an out-of-work masturbator/baseball scout (update)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 22, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've been asking that question for two years now.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Say Reg, that reminds me. I was coachin' in Omaha when Eddie Shore sends me this guy..."

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I believe it was the late veteran minor-league manager (and Braves coach) Jim Beauchamp who was once ejected before a game for telling the home-plate umpire the following during the exchange of lineup cards:

"I'm surprised you could stop jacking off long enough to make it here for the game."

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"What was that kid's name?"

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Luckily for him masturbation is a growth industry.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Kinda like sports writing.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I swear in every pack of cards I bought in the early 1990s, Jesse Levis showed up at least once. He and Von Hayes. I can't count how many goddamn Von Hayes 1990 Donrusses I had.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awesome.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Are you saying you know for a fact that the guy has never masturbated?

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Moral of the story: always close the curtains.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people will go out of their way to ruin a person's life over nonsense. I mean, seriously, a guy drives drunk and it's considered socially acceptable. But he masterbates in his hotel room and he's branded as some sort of deviant.

11. With lots of spurts ..

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Really? As someone who has, embarrassingly, been nailed for this (and will never be again - I don't even touch alcohol any more), I think it's far from "socially acceptable." Maybe I'm biased, but thanks to MADD, etc., there are few scarlet letters these days that come in a deeper shade of red.

Draft saved Draft deleted