1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wants to hire an out-of-work masturbator/baseball scout (update)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 22, 2010.

1. A few years ago a story was posted here about a Red Sox baseball scout who allegedly was caught rubbing one out in front of his Fla. hotel window while two teenage girls frolicked in the pool.

Turns out the, despite being arrested, the charges were eventually dropped. But the damage was done and the guy is out of a job ...
    Good folo up ...

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/phillies/20100622_Former_Northeast_catcher__baseball_scout_looking_for_another_chance_after_false_charges.html#axzz0razO5FLQ

2. CR19

CR19 Member

I think calling this guy an out-of-work masturbator is a little unfair. The guy passed a lie detector test, a test that you should fail more times than not. Hopefully this guy can get back into the game if the charges are truly false, and I'd believe they are based on this story.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Wow. I remember Levis' days as a catcher with the Tribe. Had no idea all this transpired. Now, a couple things from the story:

First, to the prosecutor: STFU. If charges have been dropped, it's time to go back to the old axiom "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Your office failed to prove anything or get a conviction. For you to still openly label him guilty is just assholery. Do your job, or STFU.

Second, to Levis: Ix-nay on the eacher-tay talk. You really think this whole escapade isn't going to follow you, fairly or not? The classroom is the last place you'll want to be.

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Unintended (??) comedy from the prosecutor quoted in the story...

"He got off on a technicality."

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Thread title brings up so many questions:

So masturbating is a job?

And how does one get fired from that?

And being out of work in this context means no spanking the monkey?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

you can do it, you just wont get paid for it

7. he shouldn't teach because of unsubstantiated allegations against him two years ago in florida? when all charges were dropped and apparently never should have been filed? this sounds like a classic set-up attempt, and if he's qualified, i'd have no problem with him teaching my kids

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I consider myself a semi-professional

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Almost half of those in the field end up on disability due to blindness and hairy palms.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't forget blisters.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Doesn't Josh Beckett miss occasional start because of blisters? Hmmmm ....

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about Dick Williams. Must be a Red Sox thing:

http://archive.southcoasttoday.com/daily/02-00/02-29-00/d03sp169.htm

Draft saved Draft deleted