1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Wants My Tickets For Game 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Got this e mail from the Yankees today. I thought I was going to a baseball game. Instead it looks like it will be one delay after another each time I take my seat. Apparently some very important people are showing up. In an earlier e mail The Yankees advised to visit the TSA site for proper entering instructions. It will be interesting to see if who ever it is gets booed and even stays the entire game. Seems like another huge waste of tax payer money.

Additional Security Measures in Place for Tonight's Game One of the World Series

Due to special pregame ceremonies before Game One of tonight's World Series at Yankee Stadium, Major League Baseball is implementing additional security measures in your specific seating location. The additional security screening will occur every time you enter your seating location before the start of the game. If you leave your seat, you will be screened again upon returning to your seating location.

Please plan accordingly and arrive early at the stadium to give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the pregame ceremonies. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. today. Ceremonies are currently scheduled to begin at approximately 7:30 p.m. tonight.

Please note that these additional security measures are in effect from the time gates open at 5:00 p.m. until the start of the game. Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the game.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus, that sounds like a lot of work to watch players step in and out of the batters box for four hours.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have bought such good seats, Boom.

4. Boom_70

It will be like taking a flight every time you go back to your seat. I bet beer sales will be down tonight.

5. I took the over tonight under the idea that will all the TV timeouts and delays getting the game going plus the rain and that both Lee and CC will be throwing tons of extra warmup pitches. If either team gets into their bullpen then a high scoring game (or at least over 7.5 runs) is guaranteed with these two

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rereading the document, it says the security lasts until the START of the game. So whoever the bigwig is (I think I read somewhere it's Michelle Obama) is just going to be down there for ceremonies, and then watch the game from a nice warm luxury suite -- screwing up press box access.
    Wouldn't it be great if some pol went to a big game and sat in the bleachers and got shitfaced and abusive?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

There's a woman in Philadelphia that would take them off your hands for the right "price." [/crossthread]

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's Michelle Obama and Mrs. Biden.

9. Boom_70

Rush hour in NYC on normal day is bad - throw in the rain and a motorcade or two and the whole city is going to at a standstill from 5 o'clock on.

10. Boom_70

Ms Obama is a White Sox fan and most likely Ms Biden is a Philly fan.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If you want to see the game, one way or another, you're going to get screwed.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I so wanted to love you forever. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted