1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who to start? fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by deportes, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Apparently, Donald Driver will start.

Should I play Driver vs. STL or Troy Williamson vs. DET?

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I got lucky. I kept Westbrook in and he's playing.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

For some reason, I thought about benching Roy Williams but didn't do it. That sucks.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Same here. Hopefully, he's not shelved for long.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I would like to thank Steve Smith for dropping two sure touchdown passes today, costing me 12 points for Jake Delhomme.

I'd also like to thank the Bears defense for allowing that garbage touchdown, dropping their total in my league from 29 to 19 points. Because of that, I'm going to lose, unless Tomlinson goes off for 25-plus tonight.

6. deportes

deportes Member

i'd like to give high-fives to roy williams and mushin muhammad for combining for one point this week.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Here's my quandary for this week ...

At the flex spot: I can either start Jerricho Cotchery against the Dolphins or Michael Turner against the 49ers.

I have Tomlinson, so I'm thinking having both LT and Turner in there against a team that allows a lot of rushing yards wouldn't be a bad thing. I just looked at Miami's defense, and they actually rank eighth against the pass and the only receivers to really have huge days against Miami were Andre Johnson and Drew Bennett.

I'm leaning on Turner here ... thoughts?

(My two starting receivers this week are Plaxico Burress and Joey Galloway. I can't see swapping Cotchery out for one of them ... Harrison is on bye).

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I have a feeling that the Dolphins defense is going to kill Pennington.

9. Msaint

Msaint Member

I'd agree...start Turner...odd that this has become an acceptable trend (starting 2 RBs from the same team), but the way coaches are -- maddeningly, to FF players -- splitting carries these days, it's not insane to think that two guys can do some damage with 13-15 carries apiece (see Deuce last week, Maroney most weeks, etc.). In one league this week I'm starting Julius Jones and Marion Barber (Flex), for same reasons as above re: LT/Turner vs. SF, i.e. DAL plays HOU, should be a romp, Barber could see significant work, especially near the goal line.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Losman v. Lions

or

E.Manning v. Falcons.

Only asking because Atlanta hasn't allowed a passing TD this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted