1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who to start? (Fantasy FB)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Not many options on the wavier wire, Rusty.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I do. And he's starting this week, because Jake Plummer has a bye. (Autodraft gave me both.)

I would probably go with Grossman, Trey, because of his consistency.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm another unfortunate kitna starter. in fact i have two shitty and one mediocre QB (i couldn't make the draft so i let the computer draft for me...needless to say i won't do that again).

who should i start out of these three chumps:

alex smith vs. KC
    john kitna vs. st. louis
    drew brees vs. carolina

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Alex Smith. KC's defense sucks balls.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

True... but I would start him over Grossman this week.

Always go with a guy in a dome.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I will disagree with this statement. They normally suck, but I think this year, they may have something special.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I don't mean to aim this at Oz, but this just goes to show what happens when people just blindly buy in to blanket perception.
    Favre's two good games came in the past two weeks. The Packers NEVER trailed against the Lions and jumped out to a 13-0 lead against the Saints.

His worst game of the year came in the opener against the Bears, when the Packers hopelessly found themselves behind in a hurry. The last thing you want if you have Favre is for the Packers to fall behind quickly. Patience in the offense and taking what the defense has given him has been Favre's key to success, not gunning the ball all around the field in an attempt at a comeback.

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

For the second time in recorded history, this bleeding heart liberal agrees completely with pallister.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Fine... I'll take it off until after the Bears kill Seattle Sunday. In fact, I'll put a picture of Hasselbeck up as to jinx them.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

For once I'm on the fence on what to do this week.
    Favre @ Philly MNF
    or
    Pennington against the Colts.
    The last two weeks Pennington has done enough to help me win. Well, last week I scored enough points that Chad could have recorded 0 points and I'd still win. But this week's opponent is a bit stronger.

Also
    Keyshawn or Derrick Mason?
    Lately it's been Mason but I think KJohnson will put up good numbers. My other spot is in the hands of Larry Fitz.

11. deportes

deportes Member

who should i start at wide receiver — randy moss or muhsin muhammad?

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If Moss doesn't have a good game against Cleveland... who will he have one against?

Draft saved Draft deleted