1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who should I start?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Kid Presentable, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Could use some advice for my fanboy looser fantasy team on Sunday.

Would you start ...

Edgerrin James vs. Chicago

Or

Terry Glenn vs. Houston

I know the Bears defense is stout, but I can't shake the fact that Edge is guaranteed 20-30 touches per game. On the other hand, the five people I have talked to so far have picked Glenn.

Thanks for your help!

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Let's see. Edge (who won't get 20-30 touches, since the Cards will be in pass mode by the second quarter) vs. Dallas' No. 1 receiver who's facing one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL.

You're right. Tough call. ::)

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Starman scares the shit out of me.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Forget Starman, it's The King I won't mess with

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm sure there's at least one ::) fantasy football message board out there were people can debate this kind of shit.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

To take that a step further.... you're asking if you should start James, who plays behind a weak offensive line against a defense that is allowing an average of 76.2 yards per game
    or
    The Cowboys' No. 1 receiver against the worst pass defense in the NFL

If you have to think about it, you're thinking too hard.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

It's a win-win either way, but what's wrong with a little post padding...

Grossman vs. ARZ or Rivers vs. SF?

9. OK, and then what happens when TO scores 2 first half touchdowns, Marion Barber gets another, and then the Cowboys don't throw a pass during the second half?

Or what if the Cardinals decide that without Larry Fitzgerald, they need to call more screens and swing passes for Edge.

It's nowhere near the slam dunk everyone thinks it is. But thanks for your insight, especially those who weren't assholes about it.

10. And I'll add this:

Edge at home this year: 3 games, 100 total yards per game, 2 TDs.

Chicago on the road this year: Ahman Green (132 total yards), Chester Taylor (89 total yards).

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Kid,

PM spnited with this question. He could talk fantasy sports for hours. You'll thank me.

Draft saved Draft deleted