1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who shares your birthday?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Circus, Aug 4, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I haven't heard of half these guys, and the ones I have heard of are way past their primes!

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think this guy here is dead!

3. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I got, on April 13...(according to Wikipedia, at least)

Athlete Division:
    Davis Love III
    Ricardo Rincon
    Bo Outlaw
    Sergei Gonchar
    Patrik Elias
    Hunter Pence
    Baron Davis

Writer Division:
    Samuel Beckett
    Eudora Welty
    Seamus Heaney
    Christopher Hitchens

Founding Father Division:
    Thomas Jefferson

Entertainment Division:
    Lou Bega
    Max Weinberg
    Al Green
    Peabo Bryson

Etc:
    Butch Cassidy
    Garry Kasparov

4. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Jimmy Connors, Mark Harmon, Horace Silver, Adolph Rupp (RIP), D. Wayne Lukas, Peter Ueberroth, Glen Sather, Billy Preston, Mario Tremblay, Eric Dickerson, Christa McAuliffe (RIP), Carlos Valderrama, Keanu Reeves, Lennox Lewis, Salma Hayek (might as well end the list here, but...), Stephane Matteau, Tommy Maddox, Jason Blake, Dany Sabourin, and a stunning actress named Mandy Cho.

Oddly, the day I was born the No. 1 song was "Let's Get It On."

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Michael Eisner ;)
    Tammy Faye Bakker
    Lynn Swann
    Bryan Cranston
    Ivan Lendl
    Taylor Dayne
    Wanda Sykes
    Jeff Kent
    Peter Sarsgaard (hi Fenian!)
    Rachel Weisz
    Jenna Fischer
    Laura Prepon

The only person I can find with my exact birthday is something called Chrystee Pharris, who was Simone on "Passions" for 785 episodes.

6. KG

KG Active Member

I also share a birthday (same year) with Louise Brown, the first test tube baby.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I wasn't going to be bothered researching who shared my birthday, but then I thought "what the hell."

Lo and behold:
    HOMER SIMPSON! (at least according to this site: http://www.born-today.com/Today/05-10.htm)

Others include Bono, Sid Vicious, Fred Astaire

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Nov 7th:

Leon Trotsky, Albert Camus, Billy Graham, Jim Kaat, Joe Niekro, Joni Mitchell, John Barnes, Billy Gillespie, Morgan Spurlock, Kris Benson, Stephen Alexander, Rio Ferdinand, Mark Philipoussis, Danny Fonseca, Will Demps

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Tyson Gay, Brett Hull and Kurtis Blow.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

June 19:

Lou Gehrig is my top fellow birthday sharer by a mile (also, the first baseball game played under the current rules was on June 19, 1846).

Other RIPers born on the day: Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor (1896), Moe Howard (1897), Ex-Calif. Sen. Alan Cranston (1914), Actress Nancy Marchand (1928), pro wrestler Wahoo McDaniel (1938).

Those among the living: Gena Rowlands, Salman Rushdie, Phylicia Rashad, Heart's Ann Wilson, Kathleen Turner, Paula Abdul, Mia Sara, Poppy Montgomery, Robin Tunney, Dirk Nowitzki.

Oh, yes, and Garfield the Cat, also. It always mentioned around June 19 every year in the strip.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Holy crap. A guy I watched run at the state meets in HS, a guy I'd give up my hatred of hockey for and a pioneer in rap. That's a pretty good list with connections to me.

12. joe

joe Active Member

Lance Armstrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted