1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who shares your birthday?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Circus, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

old_tony's thread inspired me to go look up who shares mine, and the list, of course, was a pleasingly random assortment. So I was wondering (and I hope this hasn't been done before): who are three random people that share your birthday? No real goal here, just a good mix from the list. I think my favorite combination from my birthday would be Lawrence Phillips, George Carlin and Florence Nightingale.

On another birthday-sharing note, I also discovered that I share my birthday with not one, but two of the Usual Suspects (Stephen Baldwin and Gabriel Byrne). Random that two actors in such a memorable movie would share a birthday. I don't know about Byrne, but that's probably Baldwin's most recognizable work (unless, like me, you're a Bio-Dome enthusiast).

I'll add a few more: Tony Hawk, Yogi Berra, Burt Bacharach, Jason Biggs, Katharine Hepburn, Tom Snyder, Emilio Estevez, Steve Finley, Otto Frank (father of Anne), Ving Rhames, Paul Begala, Billy Squier, Steve Winwood and Sweet Lou Whitaker.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Abe Lincoln, Charles Darwin, Bill Russell and Chet Lemon.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

In the dead celebrities division, John Belushi and Sharon Tate. Also Mary Lou Retton. And, on the exact day I was born, Scott Peterson.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Sportschick.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

February 12th:

Abraham Lincoln
    Charles Darwin
    Henry VII
    John Winthrop
    Cotton Mather
    Arlen Spector
    Bill Russell

Other than Lincoln, I had no idea until I looked it up. Kinda cool.

EDIT: And mike311gd

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I was born July 10, 1973

July 10, 1980 Adam Petty, NASCAR driver (RIP)
    July 10, 1969 Gale Harold, American Actor
    July 10, 1960 Roger Craig, former San Francisco 49ers running back
    July 10, 1954 Andre Dawson, born in Miami, Florida, outfielder, Expos, Cubs, 1987 NL MVP
    July 10, 1947 Arlo Guthrie, singer
    July 10, 1945 Virginia Wade, England, tennis star, Wimbledon 1977
    July 10, 1943 Arthur Ashe, tennis pro, 1968 U.S. Open, 1975 Wimbledon

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And Kevin.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

The best one on the list: Jerry Maren, actor who played Mayor McCheese. Awesome.

Also Neil Diamond, Warren Zevon and Yakov Smirnoff.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

12/2: Maria Callas, Gianni Versace, Lucy Liu, Monica Seles, Nelly Furtado and Britney Spears.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Hey, I took out the ones I didn't want to cop to.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Went back and looked to see if I shared my exact birthday with anyone. The only one was Lorena Bernal, who I had not heard of, but let's just say I was impressed.

Also saw some younger ones, including Malcolm David Kelley, whose name rang a bell, but I wasn't sure why. Then it hit me after I remembered that I'm a Lost dork: WAAAAAALT!

12. Mariah Carey and my paternal grandmother are the only ones of note.

That said, on the day I was born, the biggest earthquake to ever hit the United States shook Fairbanks, Alaska.

I shook the world.

Draft saved Draft deleted