1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who ruined the music industry? Hippies!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Giggity

Giggity Member

Don't ever go with a hippie to a second location.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Actually, one of my favorite bands is Gov't Mule, which is a staple on the "hippie" music scene. But I tire of them when they play shit like raggae "Soulshine" for all the fish floppers in the audience. In fact, I've been to three concerts in which the Allman Brothers were the headliners. I left two of them before they even started, and I left after four songs at the other one. Just not my thing.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Left an Allmans show early!?! Sweet Skydog, the mere thought of that makes me depressed.

5. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

NMAS Soulshine?

6. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Dude, Duane's been dead 35 years and Greg mad an album with fucking Cher 25 years ago. They suck ass. And I am a fan.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Sorry, Inky. I'll likely be at a concert in April they're headlining. I'll stick around this time and let ya know how it went.

Speaking of Duane Allman, the other day I listened for the first time to his version of "Loan Me a Dime" with Boz Scaggs. Holy shit, what an unbelievable recording.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, well, if you say so I'll go throw out my concert recordings and delete the Allmans from my iTunes library. Thanks for setting me straight on that.

9. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I've said it on this board (or maybe the previous one) before. The music scene today would be different if Duane Allman had lived to 40.

10. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

First time?

Some of us have the LP :D

11. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I said I'm a fan [/extending olive branch]. But it would be like seeing what is left of Zep. I'll pass.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I had picked up Duane's two-CD anthology a few years back, but for whatever reason never really listened to it other than background noise. But on a recent trip to Georgia, of all places, it was on a mix tape I hadn't listened yet and it just blew me away.

Draft saved Draft deleted