1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who ordered the execution of Pat Tillman?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Cran, I was wondering the same thing earlier. I certainly don't think it's likely, but given the lack of almost anything concrete about what happened, I guess you can't rule it out.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Jay, do you have any linkable evidence that backs this theory that Tillman was planning on coming back as a vocal anti-war activist?

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I can't find the link, but soon after Tillman's death (within the first year) there was an article in the SF Chronicle that addressed these things. He actually had an appointment to meet with Noam Chomsky the next time he was supposed to be back in the country. Tillman was vehemently against the Iraq War (called it an illegal war), not the Afghanistan stuff.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's down fairly far in this article, but his mother says Pat intended to meet with Chomsky.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Thanks. Interesting stuff, but I'd still say it's quite a leap to speculate from that and a Chomsky appointment that he was eliminated to keep him quiet. I'm not ready to carry my distrust of our government quite that far ....at least not yet.

7. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Exactly. I mean, you think when these guys got ambushed, someone said to himself, "Hey, this is a perfect time to kill Tillman!." Maybe folks believe the ambush was rigged, too. Maybe the whole war has been faked like landing on the moon.Was Tillman just a modern-day Capt. Tuttle from MASH?

"He was the best damned OD we've ever had!"

Draft saved Draft deleted