1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who ordered the execution of Pat Tillman?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Just about all the interviews I've seen with people in his unit portray Tillman as well-liked and respected.
    Has anyone heard differently?

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

If they conspired to frag him and tried to cover it up, publicly calling him a pretentious asshole doesn't help in the claim it was an accident

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Man, I can't even imagine that. I couldn't even think that someone could do that.

4. Someone ought to question Col. Jessup.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This from the same guy who dissed any suggestion that Vince Foster may not have committed suicide......

My God, talk about kook conspiracies........

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Alright ... I laughed.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Much thanks to Three Bags and kudos on the Bud line.
    In my mind, fragging is murder. I don't see a clear cut difference.
    I still can't wait for for the book.

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

The first of those two is so much more believable than the second.
    If don't believe the Army would order the "execution" of Tillman, or any soldier. But if you want to go with the idea that they would, they wouldn't have it carried out with Army-issued weapons. This isn't Beetle Bailey we're talking about.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If someone was mortally wounded, suffering badly and obviously far beyond any hope of survival, is it possible a soldier might think it's more humane to finish him off rather than see a comrade die slowly in agony?

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I would say no.

How the hell is a soldier going to determine "far beyond any hope of survival," with the confidence to put three bullets in the guy's head? This isn't a deer hit on the side of the road.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't know. Without getting graphic, I imagine combat-experienced soldiers can have a very good idea that a guy doesn't have a chance to survive. Although, I suppose, a heavy dose of morphine would also serve the purpose.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

1. Should Tillman's death be investigated until it is clearly and unequivocally determined what happened. Yes.

2. I'm embarrassed to even be associated with a place that tripe like this sees the light of day. And the number of people posting on this thread who have no idea what they're talking about is also disgusting.

There, that's my 2 cents. Rip away, I don't give a shit. Because I'm not coming back to read any more of this garbage.

Draft saved Draft deleted