1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who needs fertilizer when you have afterbirth?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Aug 14, 2008.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Mom downloads tax deduction on the front lawn ...

http://www.accessatlanta.com/hp/content/shared-gen/ap/Feature_Stories/ODD_Lawn_Birth.html

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Why is the mom still in the hospital a day later when she was standing up in the driveway when dad got home?

My sister-in-law took a shower 60 minutes after giving birth to my nephew.

Midwives are the way to go.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Guessing it was shock. The body handles that in weird ways.

They probably just wanted to check her out. Rehabbing or whatever might not have been the right term.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'd agree. Except ours sucked.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

::)

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Please, please, please let's not turn this thread into a pissing match about the best way to give birth? Especially on a board that's heavily male?

Anyway, I came about 15 minutes away from witnessing a sudden birth yesterday morning. I had just gone out for a run when I saw multiple cop cars and fire trucks, as well as an ambulance, but I didn't see the cars that had wrecked. Turns out, a neighbor told me, a woman had her baby in the front seat of the pickup truck, with the father delivering, or catching, as it were. The mom and baby were in the ambulance, but I saw the dad. Shocked doesn't begin to describe the look he had on his face.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think she's recovering from the trama of the weedwhacker when daddy cut the cord.

Draft saved Draft deleted