1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who needs a main course when there's all-you-can appetizers ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jul 7, 2014.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Wouldn't have happened if you'd been working for the Plain Dealer.

2. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Secret menu?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. It's like Fight Club.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/22661/10-secret-menu-items-fast-food-restaurants

Sometimes past food items (in this case) can still be purchased.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah most fast-food places just throw different crap on the same old thing (ie. the "new" BBQ long burger at Burger King....uh, it's two patties, BBQ sauce on a Chicken Sandwich bun).

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the long burger is a joke. Just get two burgers of your choice off the value menu and save the money. Just two small patties, o rings and the chicken sandwich bun, which makes it difficult to eat. Well, relatively speaking.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I have eaten at all of the above. Chili's is the best of the bunch. Ruby Tuesday's mini burger/salad bar deal is a once-a-year thing for me. TGIFridays was memorable in no way. I absolutely HATE Applebees. The Quesadilla Burger is the worst thing I have ever eaten (with a hangover, no less, on a trip back from Key West). Makes me want to barf just thinking about it.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's your own damn fault for ordering something like that. What were you thinking?

8. Hey Diaz!

Hey Diaz! Member

Subway is the worst when it comes to originality.

From their pizzas to feature sandwiches, every "new" item is a variation on a dish/ingredient already in stores. I have no idea how that company became so massive -- and how they'll remain so now that the $5 footlong deal is history.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Chili's has a new spicy Southwest soup these days that is very good. Their enchiladas are better than decent too.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I will see your Subway and raise you taco bell. 100 different menu items -- all with the same six ingredients -- meat, beans, rice, cheese-like substance and sour cream.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm with you there, Ace. There is a very well paid cottage industry in LA for TV art directors who do nothing but make the fast food used in commercials look delicious. For Taco Bell, they can't do it. Its food looks just like the swill it is in real life.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What's the sixth ingredient? All answers welcome.

Draft saved Draft deleted