1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Needs A Bar For Karaoke?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Feb 24, 2010.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I usually try to pay the ads in Facebook no mind, since they don't appeal to me 99 percent of the time.

However, I saw one ad for a Web site where you can record yourself singing karaoke called SingSnap. I decided to try it on a lark and see if it were even compatible with my should-be-in-the-Smithsonian Mac. Lo and behold, it is. Granted, I don't have a video camera in my ancient computer, but I was still able to record myself singing two songs.

I have one song on there that's available for public consumption. Either you'll have to find it or I can send you the link in a PM. It's insanely fun.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Quite fun, but I can't seem to tweak the settings good enough yet.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Hmm ... I recorded myself singing "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" but my browser suddenly quit when I was going to post it to my profile. Hmm. Perhaps Safari didn't like the song. :p

At least now I have a chance to practice songs before performing them live. Did that with "Still The Same" by Bob Seger. I sang it last night after having sung it twice on that site.

Draft saved Draft deleted