1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who knew? Suzyn doesn't like balls in her face

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by digger, May 16, 2009.

1. digger

digger New Member

Didn't see this anywhere else. In the yankee game on Thursday night, a foul ball almost went into the yankee radio booth.

Immediately after, Suzyn Waldman said (not an exact quote) "I know when to get under the table''

Cartman? Carthan? the guy on FAN in the morning with Boomer actually had a pretty good line, pretending she was under the table: "And John, it looks like the count is two balls''

edited to fix name spelling. (Not fixing craig's name, I did that on purpose)

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: Who knew? Susan doesn't like balls in her face

It's Suzyn.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!!!!!

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

And Craig Carton with Boomer in the morning -- a god awful show, by the way.

5. digger

digger New Member

Thanks!

Jeez, what a screwup! that was for IJAG.

6. digger

digger New Member

You and I agree on this also. Mostly, I just listen to 101.9 (you sent me there on another thread) if I'm up that early, but I had to drive somewhere friday morning, and I wanted to find out if the Mets won on Thursday night.

I have to admit though, their segment on the foul ball was pretty good.
    But I find Cartman/Carthan/Carton extremely unlistenable, partly because I think it's mostly a (terrible) act, and partly because his voice sounds so much like a really shitty publisher at a paper I used to work at.

7. digger

digger New Member

See, this is why I shouldn't get up so early! It was Boom who sent me to 101.9, I think. Crap, It's 8:40 and I'm already having a really bad day.

But my point on Cartman stands.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wait a second...you just confused spnited with Boom?

Let me just suggest you find a nice, quiet, cool place to hang out for a while until his temples stop throbbing and the smoke ceases from his ears.

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I have a nephew who is almost a dead ringer for a guy I fired. It's damn awkward.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Flattery will get you nowhere.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I can't get past the topic on this one ....

Draft saved Draft deleted