1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is YOUR National Champion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Jan 9, 2009.

?

Who is YOUR National Champion?

Poll closed Jan 12, 2009.
  1. Utah

51.8%
  2. Florida

32.5%
  3. Texas

6.0%
  4. USC

9.6%
  1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

What say you SportsJournalists.com?

Who is your National Champion? Vote once and then type which team you voted for (if you want). I am sure it would be interesting to see who is voting for who. No analysis, no reasoning, just type who you are voting for/ voted for.

Nothing but team names, starting now.

Utah.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think both Florida and USC are better teams but Utah ran the table. I don't see how you can cast a vote any other way than giving them the # 1 spot.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

All

Four-way champs.

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Does anyone honestly believe Utah would have gone 12-0 playing UF or OU's schedule? Or USC's? Or Texas'?

5. Utah was given their schedule and won every game on it. Only team in the country that can say that. They have more claim to the title than anyone else because they're the only ones that don't have to explain why they lost a game.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Nope they wouldn't have. But I don't think that's part of the BCS rankings. Utah did what they had to do. Won all of their games. BEAT the pants of Alabama, who Florida had to beat to get to the National Championship. Beat Oregon State, also won a non-conference game against Michigan, whatever, it's still a tough atmosphere. They earned it.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

We have a winner.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

USC wouldn't
    Maybe. We'll never know. They won every game. They beat No. 6 Alabama, No. 7 TCU and No. 25 BYU. they beat some other decent teams. They won every game, and in college football that's supposed to be pretty important to winning a national championship.

Guess not.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The five best teams order -- at least from where I sit.....

1.) USC
    2.) Florida
    3.) Texas
    4.) Utah
    5.) Oklahoma

That being said, based on the way the system is set up, the top five should be....

1.) Utah
    2.) Florida
    3.) USC
    4.) Texas
    5.) Oklahoma

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

That's the problem: their schedule. And it's going to be an issue as long as they're in that conference.

Is it fair to reward a team for playing an inferior schedule (which, I know, isn't their fault)?

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Florida.

Because I think the Gators' defense can beat every other team mentioned.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Florida.

If the Gators played Utah, the last person to take them lightly would be Urban Meyer. So forget that hypothetical.

Draft saved Draft deleted