1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is this woman? Kate Beckinsale?Well, you can tell Kate Beckinsale she sucks.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Sep 3, 2009.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

(watching the Little League World Series) "These kids are all fat. I remember when you were in little league.... You were fat."

I almost fell off the couch there.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

The Wall Street Journal is all over this, and Hollywood's not too far behind:

Until last week, Justin Halpern’s 73-year-old father didn’t know that he was a Twitter sensation.

His dad’s quips have resulted in more than 231,000 followers under the account name @s—mydadsays. But after it attracted wide attention in recent weeks as followers retweeted postings, and blogs and mainstream media covered it, Mr. Halpern finally broke the news.

But his dad didn’t really get it. “He asked if I had to start up the Internet to get on Twitter, and then I felt better because I knew he wouldn’t understand the grand scope of what was going on,” said Mr. Halpern in an interview.

Shortly after the revelation, his dad, who doesn’t have Internet on his personal computer by choice, changed the subject. Mr. Halpern asked his father if he wanted to see the site. He responded with an adamant “no,” so Mr. Halpern read him some posts to check for accuracy, to which his dad responded, “Yeah, I said that.”

http://blogs.wSportsJournalists.com/digits/2009/09/03/dads-rants-become-a-twitter-hit/

As for Hollywood......

Since his account has blown up in the media he’s been approached by book agents, publishers and producers. In Los Angeles he tried to make it as a screenwriter but didn’t find much success. “It’s ironic to think that I busted my ass trying to get my own writing out there, and what has been successful for me is something I didn’t even write,” he said.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

"'I'm having a Makers Mark, you want one? What? 7up? I ain't mixing fucking makers with 7up. Might as well put a lil' fucking umbrella in it'"

Hope now he's aware, it doesn't lose its luster, but I'm afraid the bloom is now off the rose.

Draft saved Draft deleted