1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the worst president in history?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JakeandElwood, Aug 7, 2008.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

Jay-Z once said he was a product of Reaganomics.

That's all I got.

2. He's got a hell of a lot of money. Something went right for him.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Carter gets a bad rap, he cut foreign oil imports in half, the Camp David agreements perhaps transformed the Middle East problem from one between countries to one between terrorist factions (maybe not much of an improvement), but it at least took Egypt out of the equation and solidified support for Saudi Arabia by selling them military aircraft. And if that wasn't enought to keep him from the bottom: He was the president who legalized home brewing of beer.

Granted, few presidents could have undone the decades of intersectional discord to avert the Civil War, but Buchanan seemed especially unenthusiastic about doing so.

5. Guessing the original poster was trying to get a rise out of the hard core conservatives. But ... Iran Contra is a pretty big blemish on the guy's record ... and if you're a hard-core Republican, you can thank the Gipper for letting the "Moral Majority" religious nuts into the party in the early 80s, which would help facilitate the downfall of the GOP some 25 or so years later.

6. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

In the 90's...

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't care. I'm right and the 86 percent is wrong.

We'll be paying for Reagan's blowing the roof off the budget deficit the rest of my lifetime, and probably longer. As well as a lot of other things which will haunt us a long, long time. Not to mention the fact we're probably lucky to be around to pay for it anyway.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

William Henry Harrison. I mean, the guy had a whole month and did absolutely nothing.

In all seriousness, if you're middle class with kids you should be very unhappy with president's Reagan and Bush II, considering the transfer of wealth from the middle class to the upper 2 percent that happened under each administration thanks to their regressive (for virtually every taxpayer) economic policies.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Although, when you consider the guy didn't have the good sense to put on a jacket, maybe he wouldn't have made the soundest decisions.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

He did sorta ignore the whole AIDS thing for awhile, too.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Now the pockets, when you sit down, everything falls out, your money, your knife, everything, so I need at least another inch in the pockets. And another thing - the crotch, down where your nuts hang - is always a little too tight, so when you make them up, give me an inch that I can let out there, uh because they cut me, it's just like riding a wire fence.

That quote makes him a damn fine president in my book.
    How does Haggar not use that in their advertising?

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, Alzheimer's too. Instant Karma's gonna get you.

Draft saved Draft deleted