1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the Worst Canadian in History?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, May 3, 2007.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Oh come on ... you had him at jell-o.

I know, I know. But somebody had to say it!

2. Flash

Flash Guest

That made me giggle, HC. Thanks.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, so freakin' true. ;)

4. Flash

Flash Guest

The survey debunked ...

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/National/2007/08/03/4390194-sun.html

Bringing out the worst in Canadians

By DAVID NEWLAND, CANOE.CA

There was a flame war on the web this week. It started at historysociety.ca, the web site of Canadian history magazine The Beaver, which ran an "admittedly unscientific" online poll to produce a list of the 10 "worst Canadians" topped by Pierre Trudeau. The results appeared online on Monday, and the rest is not history -- which we usually put in the past tense -- but a telling look at the tense present, as seen through the lens of the Internet.

The despised multiple murderers Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka sit together, way down The Beaver's list at No. 5. Notorious serial killer Clifford Olsen is No. 9. Besides Trudeau, prime ministers Stephen Harper, Brian Mulroney and Jean Chretien all made the list -- so did Celine Dion and Conrad Black. Abortion-rights doctor Henry Morgentaler took third place. Punk anarchist Chris Hannah of Propaghandi campaigned into second.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I have a new vote-Peter MacKay and the entire Conservative party for screwing Nova Scotians and Newfoundlanders for the Atlantic Accord.

If I were the Conservatives, I'd be pretty concerned now about support in Atlantic Canada because the fallout of the Accord means no seats for the party. It what we call revenge. MacKay is in real serious trouble and if by some miracle he wins his seat, its because his father Senator Elmer bought votes for his son.

What a duffus, MacKay called Halifax "Toronto" at the East Coast Music Awards when he was on stage to present an award. I was in the building when it happened and let me tell you that people were waiting for him outside the Metro Centre after the awards show ;D I still am trying to figure out how Halifax and Toronto are the same. ???

Draft saved Draft deleted