1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the worst big-name actor and actress working?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is a difference between persons who can act but don't often, preferring to cash large checks (Cage, Travolta) and persons who CANNOT act (Megan Fox). Which is worse? That's a philosophical question. But I sure don't see Fox reinventing herself at age 35. Granted, that's harder for women in Hollywood. My advice to her is marry rich and marry in California.

2. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Daniel-Day Lewis is awful.
    Not really

3. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Hmm. I actually like "Four Brothers."

But, I agree with Kutcher, Affleck and most of what everyone's said on here. Don't think Cage should be in the conversation. Barrymore is freaking annoying, and so is Jennifer Lopez.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

What are people seeing in Gyllenhaal that makes them think he is terrible?

I have seen a lot of his films and think he is very good.

I like Wahlberg also.

There are way worse actors out there than Wahlberg and Gyllenhaal. Kutcher is dreadful, Keanu is horrid, Colin Farrell isn't that good (though I have yet to see In Bruges which may change my opinion of him).

5. Frylock

Frylock Member

My sister and I were just talking about this and the two names that came up were Kristin Stewart and Megan Fox.
    Stewart is one note and Megan Fox doesn't seem to have any acting talent whatsoever.
    I think it's a little unfair to talk about Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill at this point because they're comic actors and Hill really hasn't had a leading role to speak of.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

She's getting married to Brian Austin-Green, so you have to wonder if that's rich or not.

7. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

I refuse to watch a movie with Jennifer Garner in it. She looks like a fish

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Worst big-name actor is John Travolta and to me no one else comes close on the A-list.
    This isn't a recent revelation either, and somehow I paid dearly for this opinion growing up. While in high school in the mid-90s the movie Grease was still very big in my class (You don't need a hot tub time machine to go back in time, just drive to my home town and suddenly you will be transported 20-30 into the past), and I had the nerve to say I didn't like Travolta, thought he sucked. Got the silent treatment for two weeks. Dead serious, the only time anyone spoke to me over that time was to tell me to shut up or call me a name. Still perplexed by it. Still hate Travolta. He can go suck an egg.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Travolta makes more bombs than good movies, but he's not the worst.

Draft saved Draft deleted