1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the most underrated player in baseball?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Overrated, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I mean, c'mon...it was necessary, wasn't it? Might be a little tougher than the overrateds, though.

I say Carlos Lee among the bigger names. You can pretty much count on 100 runs, 30 HRs, 100 RBIs, .300 BA and 10-15 steals.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I second Dan Uggla.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Gonzalez or Lopez.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Nate McLouth.

Talk to diehard Pirate fans and they'll agree. All he needed was an opportunity.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Edgar or Felipe?

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I know he's generally respected by good baseball people, but I still claim that most casual fans have no idea that Chipper Jones is so great. A switch hitter who's good for average, power and a Gold Glove at third base. Yes, he's hurt a lot, but so are others.

Dan Uggla is also a great nominee. Adrian Gonzalez doesn't get as much attention as his statistics should warrant, either.

7. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

here, here on Chipper!

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Carlos Pena.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

This year I think it's hands down Ryan Ludwick of the Cardinals.

10. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Berkman. I think that's the toughest level to be underrated. It's one to never be heard of, it's another thing to be thought of as good when you're actually very good.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's purely coincidence that I'm nominating another Brave, but I'd put Brian McCann on the list, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted