1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the most over-rated band ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ADifferentOkie, May 1, 2007.

1. Lou Reed has got to be one of the most under rated rockers of all time.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yes. I listen to the new stuff ... straining to hear, like, a new melody.

Stipe's been reworking their old stuff – and Brian Wilson's "God Only Knows" – for a while now.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Dave Matthews is one of the most boring motherfuckers ever to walk the face of the earth.

4. ;D

Well thank you, Junkie. I'll take that as a compliment because the fact that I like all those songs you mentioned and Nirvana means I evolved and am continuing to evolving evolve (it's late)... not stuck in one generation.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

R.E.M. should have hung it up after "Up"...that was the last decent record they did. They made a good record without Bill Berry, just walk off. "Reveal" had its moments, but it was pretty so-so. "Around the Sun" just flat out sucked.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Tyler, I'm completely with you. The Doors are massively overrated -- if Morrison is such a poet, why did he write such banal lyrics? -- and the Kinks are seriously underappreciated.

And for you Led Zeppelin haters, at least spell the name of the band correctly.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

A musician friend I used to work with just hated – hated – Morrison.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I had a revelation a few months ago. U2 might be one of the top 10 bands of all time, and may STILL be the most overrated band of all time.

9. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

The answer (and I'm waiting with bud light for the nasty responses) is:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Agreed -- post Stan and Howie, of course.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I never really thought of Petty as being that highly rated. I'm not a huge fan, but the greatest hits album has a ton of great songs and his newest one, called Highway Companion, is outstanding.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This week's American Idol guest, Bon Jovi. College roommate has seen Bon Jovi play live close to 100 times. Don't know how he did it, but for that band, I thought it insane.

Draft saved Draft deleted