1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the most hated person on ESPN?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Sep 6, 2006.

?

Who you got?

1. Jim Rome

5.6%
  2. Stuart Scott

29.8%
  3. Skip Bayless

14.5%
  4. Jay Mariotti

6.5%
  5. All sideline reporters

1.6%
  6. Joe Theisman

2.4%
  7. Stephen A. Smith

14.5%
  8. Dan Le Batard

3.2%
  9. Chris Berman

17.7%
  10. Mitch Albom

1.6%
  11. Other

2.4%
  1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He's no longer with the network, but he still wears clown shoes and he's still an impudent jackoff: Rich Eisen.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Wait a minute, isn't Joe Morgan employed by the "Worldwide Leader?"

I'd rather be tied to a chair and forced to watch Teammates and Home Run Derby reruns than listen to Little Joe for nine innings.

3. Roger Lodge, Skip Bayless and Woody Paige -- in that order. Jason Whitlock, a.k.a. the poor man's Rerun, would be on that list but, thankfully, he got canned.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I saw it was the recent most posted on thread and was pretty shocked. Maybe the resurrectee decided it was time to have his say.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Bayless is a sanctimonious ass.

Theismann is full of himself, but what TV personality isn't?

Stuart Scott is just a mouthful of smackdown, professional wrestling style. No harm in that.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Dean Smith story summarizes Stuey perfectly. After barging into Smith's space one day and
    monopolizing Deano for 10-15 minutes, Stuey walks away . . . at which point Smith says to those
    still present: "Who was THAT guy?"

Perfect.

7. Kable

Kable Member

Amen to that. I cannot stand Skip Bayless. In most arguements, he'll take these off-the-wall stances, and the logic he uses to support his arguments are outrageous. I will say he does care a lot about his arguements, but he's so loud at times, it makes him look like a raging idiot.

I do like Stu Scott (met him at least 4 times, great guy every time) and Stephen A. Smith (great NBA insight and I love the NBA, watch his show), but anytime Bayless is on (Jungle with Van Smack, Cold Pizza), I turn away immediately.

8. EE94

EE94 Guest

What's the obsession with ESPN?
    The importance so many sports journalists attach to it creates the giant egos they despise so much.
    If ESPN were viewed as what it is - a sports broadcaster more prone to commentary than information (and I mean real information, not highlights) then it would sink back to the level it deserves.

9. Kable

Kable Member

Too bad it might not ever get to that point.

10. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I can't f'ing stand Skip Bayless. I actually used to enjoy reading his column when he was in Chicago, but now he's just a blowhard that rarely sounds intelligent. Of course, next to Woody Paige he compares with Einstein.

Draft saved Draft deleted