1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the most hated person on ESPN?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Sep 6, 2006.

?

Who you got?

1. Jim Rome

5.6%
  2. Stuart Scott

29.8%
  3. Skip Bayless

14.5%
  4. Jay Mariotti

6.5%
  5. All sideline reporters

1.6%
  6. Joe Theisman

2.4%
  7. Stephen A. Smith

14.5%
  8. Dan Le Batard

3.2%
  9. Chris Berman

17.7%
  10. Mitch Albom

1.6%
  11. Other

2.4%
  1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

The sideline reporters are nice eye candy, at the least... mmm....Erin Andrews....
    While DJ Stuey Scribble One Eye is just pure annoyance, with his lazy-eyed poetry slams and shout-outs to Pookie and Ray-Ray.
    He's about as fresh and street as a Will Smith rap album.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

He's not on as much, but Le Batard was the first name that popped into my head.

Ugh. Le Betard.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME ...

IT'S STU-POT BY 10 LENGTHS ....

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Come on guys? Where are all my Jim Rome haters? Stuey is pretty bad, but I think Rome is worse.

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I don't know about Dan Schulman being under-rated but he's one of the five nicest pros I've met and I can't think of a broadcaster who prepares more thoroughly than he does.

On the flipside, Mark Jones is a complete hole. Know him from high school ball, etc. I was friends with his (more talented) team-mates. Just a jerk. When he was at TSN, famously bad ... he used to have to look at the prompter when he said: "I'm Mark Jones."

YHS, etc

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You know, this is all assuming that those cliche-spouting androids really are "person"s. ::)

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On TV, Rome is a mere speedbump to DJ Stuey...
    On radio, Rome is King Assclown

King assclown

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That was a great post....

by me!

That was huge! Epic post by that no-talent assclown.

RACK ME! Respond to me, Clones!!! YOU take over the SHOW!!!

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Jack, I forgot about Pam Ward and Spielman. I can listen to them do Big 10 football all day long. Damnmit, I knew I was going to forget Schulman. He's a good one and grossly underrated.

Birdscribe, if I don't see Berman hogging the camera, Mr. "Fuck those guys" is a distant, but close second (yeah, that's an oxymoron to say that). If there is anything I can't stand and that is when Berman bullies his double-wide ass and parks it on the screen for the first two rounds of any major golfing event or sporting event and guys like GQ Van Pelt and Saunders have to play tiddlywinks with the production assistants in the media room and watch Blubber Boy stumblin' and tumblin' all over himself while giving out handjobs left and right like a gangbang.

Damn, did I just write that? Boy, it looks like I picked a wrong week to stop taking my Lexapro.

11. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I don't know why I remember this [certainly there were much more important things to think about that week] but I still recall two days after 9/11 when the NFL FINALLY got around to postponing its weekend card. They put Berman on live in the studio, and without a script and a shot sheet, he was absolutely awful. I was amazed at how he could not think on his feet at all. I mean, if it wasn't that asswipe, it would've been painful to watch. Since it was Berman, it was desperately needed comic relief.

12. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

http://www.frankcaliendo.com/foxsports/index.php?loadclip=2004wk06
    And now... I am going to pause... for no good reason.
    That was an EPIC pause.

Draft saved Draft deleted