1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the best college basketball coach?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 27, 2011.

1. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Crossthread: I just read a tweet that says World Wide Wes is at practice at the McDonald's All-American game, wearing a Kentucky shirt...

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

He didn't have four, FYI.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah but the point remains. He has some solid players. Two Mr. Basketball's from Michigan, a third next year. Not exactly table scraps.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Not the least bit surprising. And, since you brought him up, it could easily be said that the true best college basketball recruiter over the last decade is not a coach at all, it's William Wesley. But Calipari happens to be Wes' main man.

5. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I agree for the most part, but Mr. Basketball in Michigan is not a Brandon Knight or Jared Sullinger. If you look at former Mr. Basketball Derrick Nix, he isn't even a starter. And Dwaun Anderson (this year's winner) won because I think the vote got split up between the other guys in Southeast Michigan. Eh.

Draft saved Draft deleted