1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is still in the biz: Your college newspaper staff

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Jun 20, 2013.

1. SURFCAV

SURFCAV Member

You callin me a terrorist? Its the daily toreador now, but personally i think the name is gay. I preferred the University Daily. What it was called when i was there.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Does the name fuck other student newspaper names instead of radio station names, like God intended?

3. SURFCAV

SURFCAV Member

WTF do you mean? I simply stated I preferred the name of the Tech paper when I was there The UD or University Daily. And yes I think Toreador is gay, maybe thats politically incorrect but i don't give a shit I'm a Jarhead.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I might stay up late for this one.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Why don't you give a shit you're a jarhead? Most soldiers take pride in their military backgrounds or at least have strong feelings one way or another.

6. SURFCAV

SURFCAV Member

Yes Riptide please do, I'm staying up late cuz HBO is running my fav football movie Varsity Blues, and I gotta watch it for work right? ;D

7. SURFCAV

SURFCAV Member

First of all dude, what do you know about Texas Tech, my alma matter? And secondly Jarheads are MARINES. Not soldiers. No disrespect to soldiers , but that's like comparing the varsity to the JV.

8. Soldiers work just as hard!!!

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Is that why you like Varsity Blues?

10. SURFCAV

SURFCAV Member

Your right Capt Obvious. I was a soldier myself my last few years, but a Marine at heart. 8)

11. SURFCAV

SURFCAV Member

What are your motives versatile? You just trying to rile me up on a slow news night? No i'm not gay, I like varsity Blues cuz I played HS football in Texas and I also cover HS football for my paper. Not a gay thing

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You should watch "North Dallas Forty" next.

Then you can list it on your resume for your NFL job search.

Draft saved Draft deleted