1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is in the election again?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I went to dinner with my mom, grandma and 13-year-old brother the other day. The discussion turned to politics, which bored my brother to tears. After five minutes or so, he asks, "Who is in the election?"

WTF!?!?!?

He's 13, in eighth grade, and this is in the team picture for most historic election ever. How is this not a discussion in a social studies class? Furthermore, I want to know what he's doing to avoid all of the election advertisements.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Some people are allergic to politics. Still, that doesn't excuse not knowing who's in the election.

I thought going four weeks into a semester in college and not knowing your professor's name was bad enough.

3. Scouter

Scouter Member

You have a brother?

I feel like I never knew you ... Probably a good thing.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I don't think that you should let the little idiot vote.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

You should ask the outdoors guy about him ... he knew the little bro when he was 4.

Considering the affiliations in the house in which he's growing up, I'm not sure I want him voting anyways.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can top this.

I was at a Halloween party in 1992 with a bunch of friends. We got to talking about the election, which was Tuesday. One of our buddies goes "Bush...he's a Democrat, right?"

He's now got two kids. I shudder.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yeah, but they can tell ya ALL about Dancing With The Stars.

8. Or which skank Bret Michaels is gonna pick.

Draft saved Draft deleted