1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is in Austin or knows anything about ACL Festival?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

SXSW is very cool, but never made it to ACL.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I's rather go to ACL than the clusterfuck that is SXSW. I always used to go hide at Enchanted Rock for a few days when SXSW was happening. Part of the reason for that was that I lived downtown and wasn't into more than the usual amount of drunken howling outside my door at 2 a.m.

Definitely check out ACL if you can.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Wuss.

4. writing irish

To everything there is a season. There was a time when I was the drunk idiot you heard trundling down the street in the middle of the night. Now I'm the tranquility-loving guy who wants the drunk idiots to STFU.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Didn't UTShooter go to school there? Come to think of it, is she even still around?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

She is not but I know how to reach her.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What the heck is SXSW? Sounds like a rejected name of Public Enemy's secruity team.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

South by Southwest, another big music festival down that way. A billion trillion bands spread out over five days. Apparently Mexican emo is big.

9. writing irish

A thousand self-important Austin music scene hipsters just had a mild colonic spasm and don't know why.

10. ACL is fun, provided it isn't 1,000 degrees outside. I went with my girlfriend back in college and ended up having to park about a mile out and walk down a dusty road during a lovely Texas heatwave. It was fun, but I got a hell of a sunburn.

It's a lot better than SXSW, anyway, which is just a bunch of drunk hipsters trying to find "the next big thing" so that they can hate it when it goes commercial.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Asleep at the Wheel and G Love being there makes it very interesting to me.
    I have an ACL recording from one year not that long ago that includes some REM

12. gretchd

gretchd Member

South by's cool if you're into films. It's chaotic, though. Really chaotic.

Draft saved Draft deleted