1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Hannibal Buress, or Bill Cosby: Rape and Pudding Pops

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 21, 2014.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

NBC has cancelled Cosby's pilot Bill, be quiet and go away. No one wants to hear you anymore. You make Roman Polanski seem sympathetic

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

There's another Bill that has been accused of rape that I would like to see go away as well. He's still on the favorable side of court of public opinion ledger though.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Tell us more

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So you can ignore it again because he's a rapist you like?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In 1997, Broaddrick had filed an affidavit with Paula Jones' lawyers that stated: "During the 1992 Presidential campaign there were unfounded rumors and stories circulated that Mr. Clinton had made unwelcome sexual advances toward me in the late seventies."[1] In a November 1998 interview with Dateline NBC, Broaddrick claimed the earlier statement was a lie and she had indeed been raped by Clinton.[2]-wikipedia so it must be true

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Didn't Dickinson also accuse her father of rape? And doesn't she have a rep for supersonic levels of attention whoring and just general craziness? Yeah, not sure I'm buying this one.

In some ways, someone like Dickinson jumping in could actually help Cosby's case. If you can disprove or discredit just one accuser then the public starts to assume the other accusers must be lying as well. Which would be a mighty disservice to other 14 women here (presuming they're telling the truth).

7. That's along my line of thinking as well.

I think Cosby is very likely a serial rapist. I just don't think Dickinson was one of his victims. She'll have to produce some evidence to convince me. The other 13, 14? Yeah I believe them.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

TV Land pulls "The Cosby Show" from its rotation:

https://twitter.com/APEntertainment/status/535211894924394498

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wow. I must say, around Thanksgiving it was always fun to catch one of their holiday episodes.

He's going to have to talk eventually, right?

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, she's batshit insane. And I sure hope this doesn't damage the other accusers' credibility. It is crazy to me that this has suddenly become a big deal because a stand-up comic mentioned it in a show. Why has no one seemed to care for the past 30 years?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm happy to reiterate at this point that I can do the cultural touchdown dance of saying I have never ever in my life watched a complete episode of 'The Cosby Show.'

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I fucking hate Robin Thicke and hope he dies from scabies. Now that I have that out of the way....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FGZ8_LeNGY&feature=youtu.be

Draft saved Draft deleted