1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Hannibal Buress, or Bill Cosby: Rape and Pudding Pops

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 21, 2014.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is a generation of people who only think of Mike Tyson as a loveable character from The Hangover. I realize he has been diagnosed as having mental illness since his time in jail, but his comeback is pretty amazing.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I haven't read that one, but I read an Arbuckle biography a number of years ago. He got his life ruined and he was not guilty.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Other than the DUI last summer and crashing into a fire hydrant, what laws did he break?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Possession of performance enhancing drugs.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Felony theft of an entire decade of Sergio Garcia's (aka Tweety Bird's) career?

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I remember not too long after the Bakker scandal, they did a TV movie on it, and that was the first time I heard of Kevin Spacey (speaking of falls from grace).

Hermes likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

First time I heard of Spacey was when won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor, and I couldn't believe it didn't go to Ed Harris, whom I thought did a great Gene Kranz in Apollo 13.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You're right!
    I'm thinking of Tony Banks, not the guy from Genesis, the QB!

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There's no explaining this tat, though.
    [​IMG]

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Oh, Jesus.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Did we say criminal? I just thought fall from grace.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Seems to me it's hard to fall too hard, too far for too long if you haven't broken any laws.***

*** Although throwing a sporting event can get into some pretty murky legal territory.

Draft saved Draft deleted