1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Hannibal Buress, or Bill Cosby: Rape and Pudding Pops

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 21, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That jumped out at me, too, and it immediately had me thinking about Eddie Murphy's bit about Cosby in Raw.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

It sucks if you grew up in the 60's and 70's watching Chet Kincaid or Fat Albert.

edit: I agree with those that say that the women being believed is most important. But this was a guy that I grew up enjoying and "respecting" (as much as I ever respected someone I don't know).

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was much more enamored as a kid with Picture Pages and his comedy albums than I was the Cosby Show.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's what I'm getting at, too. I'd rather know than not know. And knowing (assuming it's all true), I'd rather he be held accountable than not.

But it certainly forces me to re-calibrate my memories of a lot of Thursday nights in front of the TV with my family growing up.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I ate a shitload of his Pudding Pops.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hindsight and all that - but I always found his palling around with Hefner at the Playboy Jazz Fest to be at odds with his "family man" image (whether he was a big jazz guy or not). Also found it odd that his co-stars on the Cosby Show always referred to him as "Mr. Cosby" and he insisted on his William Cosby Ed.D credit in the end credits. Clearly, he did a lot of good and was a great role model for generations with his work on The Electric Company and Fat Albert, but there was more to the story.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Tons and tons of rape, it turns out.

heyabbott and PCLoadLetter like this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

So what was the expletive rant? Something about a plane and asshole?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

From the sound of it, so did his accusers.
    You had a lot more say in the matter.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

There's no plane, Asshole. I think to the prosecutor who is worried that he might flee.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The prosecutors were trying to revoke bail on the grounds that he was a flight risk because Cosby owns a private jet. Cosby yelled at him, "He doesn't have a plane, you asshole!"

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks lakefront and Batman.

That’s not much of an expletive-laced rant, in my opinion.

Then again, in front of a judge... it’s quite a bit.

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted