1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Hannibal Buress, or Bill Cosby: Rape and Pudding Pops

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Re: Who is Hannibal Buress?

Is this thread started because of Buress, or because people have seriously never hear about the Bill Cosby stuff before?

http://gawker.com/who-wants-to-remember-bill-cosbys-multiple-sex-assaul-1515923178

2. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

A former colleague of mine posted recently on Facebook that she was excited to interview Bill Cosby. Sort of a big career achievement for her. I decided not to send her links (including some of the ones posted above) and let her have her moment.

For those who haven't read the allegations, they are both troubling and pretty credible.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He loves it when a plan comes together.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Classic impression/bit. The shitty aspect of it is watching Murphy reference Cosby's son who was later murdered.

5. Re: Who is Hannibal Buress?

I don't think this is a new accuser. Just a revival of her story.

[urlhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2806437/Bill-Cosby-threw-bed-pinned-neck-ll-never-forget-sound-clinking-belt-buckle-Actress-lifts-lid-harrowing-years-rape-hands-TV-legend.html][/url]

6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

He's a fairly talented young standup/writer. His Comedy Central specials are definitely worth the watch if you can catch 'em. I was unaware of the Cosby stuff. I'm seeing him live, actually, in a week or so and have been looking forward to it.

7. joe

joe Active Member

Heard Buress for the first time yesterday on XM's Comedy Central. Holy shit, he's like a freak of comedy nature. Just hilarious.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELtaB2s4fGk

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I listen to that channel all the time, despite the fact that I find few of the comics on there funny. He's one of the best.

10. Re: Who is Hannibal Buress?

Now Salon is piling on the Cosby stuff.

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/29/we_must_abandon_bill_cosby_a_broken_trust_with_women_black_america/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

These allegations are not new. And given the fact there a good bit of them out there, likely have some truth.
    Why is the Bill Cosby backlash coming now?
    Does he have something up out that makes him more relevant or topical? New TV show? Movie (Leonard Part 7?) Comedy special? Awards show? Pudding Pops are being revived (Fuck Yeah!)?

Again, I never heard of Hannibal Buress, but is he leading a renewed charge on this stuff?

Why now?

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I heard a Burress bit on the radio the other day, where he read a college newspaper review of a show he had done at the school. Very funny.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Literally and figuratively, Hannibal has a very funny, distinctive voice. I could listen for hours.

Draft saved Draft deleted