1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who invented volleyball shorts?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BertoltBrecht, Sep 4, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If you ever think of posting 'em, burn 'em. Or if they're digital, burn your hard drive.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I don't know why, but women's volleyball games were always a big draw at my college, though most of the crowd was male. How odd.

3. dooley_womack1

Go get em, Clouseau.

4. I find the bun huggers irritating and totally unnecessary.

No one asks high school boys to play in something akin to boxer briefs, so why are girls wearing these ridiculously teeny bottoms? Consider this: the cheerleaders, who exist to look cute and uphold stereotypes of femininity, have more covering their asses than the girls' volleyball players, who are actually athletes.

How the hell does that make sense?

I've worn bun huggers and regular shorts. And I find the regular ones much more comfortable.

5. dooley_womack1

The above post contains the most intriguing sidesaddle I have ever seen.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Irony, we have a picture to go with your definition: Someone posting a picture of a woman proclaiming to be a cocksucker while decrying Bunhuggers.

7. dooley_womack1

I can't read the scribbling fully, but I could make out Cock.... on the top line and Sucks on the second.

8. KP

KP Active Member

Agreed. But what does it say? I can't make it out.

EDIT - Thanks, Slap. What's the word/words before "so do I"?

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm trying to figure out what the hell it says. I'm pretty sure there is something about a cockring on that skirt.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It says "My cooking sucks. But fortunately so do I."

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh. I thought it said cockring. Either I need to have my eyes checked or get my mind out of the gutter.

Draft saved Draft deleted