1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who here's gotten into writing fiction? Screenplay, novel? How far did you get?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kayaugstin Kott, Apr 11, 2017.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't know when the last time you read your novel was, but given that it's been nearly ten years since you started it, I imagine you're a totally different writer now. Maybe not, but I'd be curious, how much you like of the first pages you wrote, or whether you feel like you have to start over almost. I'd be curious, because I have some of those old starts floating around, and sometimes I think about picking one of them back up but I'm almost terrified to look at them.

2. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I actually read it about two weeks ago because I thought I might want to adapt that for a screenplay. I liked some parts, hated others. I am going to adapt one or two scenes into a stand-alone short screenplay. I don' t think I'd have to start totally over as a novel, but some sections would have to be reworked just because of how dated they are (RIP Atlantic City's Taj Mahal) and how I'm at a different point in my life now. There was some piss and vinegar in there.

Draft saved Draft deleted