1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who hasn't stiffed lap dancers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jun 18, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The guy was charged with "fifth degree theft".

What the hell is that?

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

It's not as bad as 4th degree theft.....but worse than 6th degree theft.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seriously, how did this guy not get his ass kicked?

I've heard of and seen guys get threatened, tossed out or beaten up for less. And yes, it was other people. I'll admit to the occasional visit to a club. NOT a place to get out of line. At least not the ones I've been to.

4. There's a distressing amount of expertise on display here.
    Just sayin'.

5. outofplace

Senior year of college I went barhopping with my best friend and one of his roommates. We ended up at a local club. The guy was seriously an addict. If there is a titty barcaholic's anonymous, he was a prime candidate. I can only imagine how much money he dropped in that place. Apparently he went two or three times a week.

Any time somebody has an issue with how I spend my entertainment dollars (1-by-1 in this case)....I remember that guy and tell them it could be worse. :)

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm not ashamed to admit I've been in strip clubs of various quality in seven different states and three different countries. But I haven't been in quite a while (not after I saw an old friend dancing on stage).

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I didn't think it was any other way. Half the girls ask for the tip beforehand, "So I know how good to treat you." Fascinating how well that works in their favor.

8. outofplace

You've been going to the wrong clubs. I've had that happen, too. Usually followed quickly by me leaving. Ok...it was only twice...usually sounded kinda bad there, didn't it? hehe

Draft saved Draft deleted