1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who has the best college football program?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Marvin, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

What's wrong with EMU guys?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Missouri. No, reall....OMIGODI'MMELTINGARRRGGHHHH :eek:

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Nothing, it's just that Ohio guys (and gals) are better ;D

4. Bears00

Bears00 Member

Nebraska at 13? Behind Georgia and Florida? Strange.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

The ONLY thing OU has going for it is the campus. And, really, not so much the campus, but the mountains that surround it.  ;D

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

sigh . . . It's OHIO, dammit. And those are NOT mountains. They're like little bumps [/Montanaresident].

And I'm from there, that has to count for something :D

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Compared to Ypsilanti, those are mountains. We have a water tower shaped like a penis...so that has to count for something. Or, maybe not.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, Minnesota was pretty competitve from the days of Bronko Nagurski until the Sixties.

But like most of the rest of the Big Ten, it's been pretty hit-and-miss -- a few years of national-contention, then mediocre for decades on end.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

At a paper in the hearta the SEC? Not really.
    Provincial? Yes. Strange? Nope.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Minnesota should be banned from contention just for last year's Wisconsin game. Classic choke.

11. Bears00

Bears00 Member

"Strange" wasn't the right word. "Wrong" works better.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I didn't take the time to read it all, but I'm assuming Ball State is a unanimous choice at No. 1, right?

Thetradition of bowl greatness, the annual attendance battles to stay Division I-A worthy, the greatest, er, punter in MAC history, tailgating reaching epic proportions -- with the numbers of Ball State tailgating crazies occasionally reaching two digits!

And it's safe to say Ball State Stadium makes places like Notre Dame Stadium, Michigan Stadium or Beaver Stadium suck the eternal dick of shame in their inferiority.

Feel the Cardinals.

Draft saved Draft deleted