1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who has outkicked their coverage more than Ric Ocasek?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

YourFace likes this.
  2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Some clubs have measures to ensure bills like that get paid. In addition to holding your license/CC, they'll snap a photo of you holding them before you leave. Prevents "Oh shit gee i dunno my wallet got stolen..."

4. Old Crank

Old Crank Active Member

Hockey players love strip clubs, particularly Chez Paris in Montreal. They can afford them. I know of at least two NHL players who married peelers. I'm sure there's more.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

FTFY

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Somewhere in my 20s or early 30s, I was walking down a street somewhere in Manhattan with this woman (who I believe I was outkicking my coverage with at the time), and out of a building came this short, pudgy troll of a man, balding, not groomed particularly well. ... with a young Czech-like model on his arm.

Kind of like if you saw Danny DeVito without knowing who is, with a young Paulina Porizkova (and sorry if it is a bit disrespectful to Ric Ocasek's memory to make her the example when I could have just as easily gone for at least 10 other supermodels, despite this thread having started with them).

The woman I was with looked at me, and I looked at her, and I stupidly said, "What the hell?" like I was that naive.

And she just shook her head and did the universal gesture for money by rubbing her thumb against her index and middle fingers.

That moment stuck with me.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

NHLers aren't the only ones. When I was working in junior hockey, our bus company would use our bus, which was wrapped and we just used on a per game basis, to pick up pro teams at the airport and occasionally deliver them to men's entertainment establishments before dropping them at their hotel.

One day I got a call from a woman who saw our bus outside one of these establishments on a Friday night and wanted to know why our players were patronizing this kind of establishment when most were underage. I told her we don't own our bus, she still wanted to know why our players were there; I told her they weren't; "How do you know that?" "We had a home game that night, we lost." "Are you sure about that?" "Quite." Click.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Did you consider that you might have lost the game because all of your players were at a strip club? Hmmm? Hmmm?

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's a different issue. They would have driven there, not used the bus!

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Think it was PT's across the Illinois border.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

There's no way it was, unless it's really changed since I was last there in college. You could see the stretch marks and roast beef.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Are Nixon's and McGee's wives hot? Or just anything above toothless
    crackwhore is outkicking your coverage for those guys? My buddy used
    to say Nixon looked like a modern day Ghandi if Ghandi was a junkie.

Draft saved Draft deleted