1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who has outkicked their coverage more than Ric Ocasek?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CD Boogie, Sep 17, 2019.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

She's got kind of a lazy eye. That's acceptable.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I have a real aversion to fake boobs. On par with my aversion to strip clubs. Both sentiments usually blow the minds of my friends and acquaintances. This might be its own thread...

X-Hack and lakefront like this.
  3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I sometimes wonder who I am most alike at this crazy place, and I think it's you, and I feel like that's bad news for both of us.

I read Alex Morgan was thinking about getting fake boobs, and I wanted to be like Clint Eastwood in Line of Fire diving across the room to prevent catastrophe. I get that how men worry about their dick size, women worry about their breast size, but in both cases there's this weird societal idea that everybody likes huge. Not true. Most people just want... nice? Also natural, no matter the size, trumps fake every time.

*bangs gavel*

CD Boogie likes this.
  4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

For fat guys, funny and coke gets you good looking women of a certain type. Belushi, Kinison, and Farley.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I would imagine anyone with an aversion to fake books would also have an aversion to strip clubs.

typefitter likes this.
  6. typefitter

This made me laugh.

It weirdly reminds me of a friend of mine, at a party when the conversation turned to phobias. Spiders, tight spaces, the usuals. Then he said, "I'm scared of getting beaten around the head and face." And I was like, I don't think that's a phobia. I think that's called survival instinct.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with fake boobs, but often they just don't look right.

A few years back, my wife's sister got hers done. She was in her early 50s at the time. I thought it was one of the dumber things I've ever heard, for a woman who was married with two adult children to get that done, but she really wanted them. I think they were a present from her husband, so at first we thought it was him pushing for it, but she insisted that it was her idea.

8. typefitter

Each to their own, but agreed. When I was in LA, there was a woman I saw on the beach fairly regularly who was probably 80 with very clearly fake, and I would guess new, boobs. Like, they were the one part of her body that wasn't wrinkled. It was very strange. But I'm assuming she liked them.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That would ring alarm bells for me if I were her husband. Like, whose attention is she trying to get? Obviously not mine bc she already has it..

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

So, how did they look?

micropolitan guy likes this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Agree with you. Not a mismatch at all.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

She should have spent the money on her face. (I can only say that in this thread)

Draft saved Draft deleted