1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who has a BlackBerry?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Nov 2, 2006.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

As I have posted before, the Treo makes the BB look like a rock.
    Can you play videos on a BB?
    MP3s?
    Can you do crossword puzzles or sudoku on a BB?
    I know the later models are improved but I'll take the Treo, even the Windows Mobile model, over a BB.
    I see more SEs using Treos, heck I see more people using them. College kids, seniors, it's a great device.
    Heck, Whitlock has one.
    And Donnie 23, I rarely use the stylus or touch the screen, the five-way button is very easy to use and effective.
    If anyone on this board has a Treo question, PM me.

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Hey Hoops ... does your work kick in any money for your BB since you use it frequently for work purposes?

Just curious if anyone's company foots the bill for the high-end handheld devices?

I'd love to have one, but adding another bill to my pauper salary just isn't feasible. My company has offered to pay for high speed Internet at home, but I wonder if they'd have a coronary if I requested funds for a BB or a Treo?!

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

If I had one, my company would pay for the extra fees per month.

4. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

I have a company issued Blackberry and it's divine. Can't imagine life without it. I'd give up chocolate before I'd give that Blackberry back.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Blackberry...another example of state-of-the-art Canadian technology. :)

Jim Balsillie, the founder, is the guy who bought the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Don't have one but every so often...............

6. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

My Treo is perhaps the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love it.

7. EE94

EE94 Guest

Do you realize how pathetically desperate you seem whenever you trot out these "Canadian" facts?

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

My Blackberry was confiscated recently by my company and replaced with a T-Mobile SDA. It runs Windows Mobile, has a kick-ass web browser, and is a way, way better phone than my Blackberry was. I love it.

And yes, my company pays 100 percent, but in return I'm on call 24x7 most weeks. Almost a fair trade-off.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have posted twice on this board during a Coldplay gig.

Guilty as charged.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I forgot my "tongue-in-cheek" font. But then I wasn't expecting the children to wander in.

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

interesting thread because i've been considering making the jump to a blackberry or treo. i agree that more and more people are using them and not just for work; you see them a lot more now than even a year ago. but if, as donnie23 posted, it's necessary to carry a phone and a blackberry or treo, that would seem to defeat the purpose.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The phone on my Blackberry is pretty awful. But it is such a great tool for both work and non-work that I couldn't see myself without one. However, the Blackberry is terrible at reading most PDFs.

Draft saved Draft deleted