1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who has a BlackBerry?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Do you like it? Is there an alternative that's better? I'm looking for advice as far as getting into the world of handheld e-mail devices.
  2. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

My brother loves his, as do several friends.

I know the Treo is popular, as well.
  3. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

I would not get the Blackbetter model that does not have a separate button for each letter. I tried one of those out for a few days and returned it, it was way too confusing, and I am a cell phone person, I've had like 12. They sell models with one letter per button. Or get a Treo.
  4. markvid

markvid Guest

What's the Nokia phone that Cingular has that folds out to a keyboard and display for email?

I can't find it on either's web site
  5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Is this it?

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

love, love, love my blackberry 8700.

love it.

great for everything. and it's a surprisingly good phone, which is why i held off on a blackberry for a while

i can't imagine not having it

i'm so anal about my email, i always have it now. also, have used it to update my work blog with breaking news and beaten competition by quite a bit by doing it. great, great stuff.
  7. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

No shit. Middle of a Wilco show and there's Hoops checkin' out his Blackberry.
  8. HoopsMcCann

it's called a 'crackberry' for a reason
  9. carrie

carrie Active Member

You checked your e-mail during a Wilco show?
    Talk about a pathetitard.
  10. HoopsMcCann

11. donnie23

donnie23 Member

I had a BlackBerry for my job over the past few months. I never realized how much efficiency it would allow me to gain to be on top of the emails and not constantly need internet access on the road, etc.

I do have one of the newer two-letter-to-a-button models, and I actually don't mind it at all. I value the space saved versus having to carry the bulkier BlackBerry.

I would suggest BlackBerry over Treo, mostly because I find the click wheel much more user-friendly than the stylus and touch screen.

Mine was on Cingular service, which was fine for the email and internet, but the phone coverage was terrible. I was still carrying my regular Verizon phone as well, and it is much more reliable.
  12. carrie

carrie Active Member

Seriously? You're still crying?

Grow a pair already! :D
Draft saved Draft deleted