1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who gives a shiyat about Survivor? Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 14, 2006.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Lost interest in it since the All-Star fiasco.

But at a distant glance, Ozzy seems to be the best of the final six.

Which means he'll probably be the next one voted out.

Anyone still watching these?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Love the show... I'm rooting for Yul...

A great season could be ruined if anyone other than Yul or Ozzy win... Both are very deserving...

3. I skipped the first season, then watched every one from season 2 till the all-star. It just didn;t stay must-see tv for me, I started missing an episode here and there until I didn;t miss it anymore, the sign of a declining tv show.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's still in the Top 10 after 12 seasons I think... That's impressive...

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

My one hope for Survivor is that a giant wave will wash over the island and all the contestants will get eaten by tiger sharks. I'd watch it, then.

Survivor is crap TV and its popularity has made virtually all network TV unwatchable now.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Top 10 maybe but it got its ass handed to it by American Idol last season.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

And I'm actually getting pumped over the FOX promos for Idol. Don't know why it has the staying power with me that Survivor doesn't. Really, it's as predictable. Stupid performances through week 4, Simon's slurs, then the real action starts. Survivor is about food challenges, whiney losers, and "worth playing for?" questions from Probst. What they ought to create is some really sensory element, like how you could smell the survivors after 39 days. :)

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

American Idiot...that's another show that's poisoned the airwaves. Between Survivor and Idiot, network TV has become a nonstop barrage of reality shows. Un-watch-a-ble.

9. bitter-alert

10. printdust

printdust New Member

Well Alley, that may be true, but producers don't put shows on the air long if they don't have ratings. TV viewing, like newspaper reading, has changed, and yes, probably for the worse.

Which is a statement about America more than the respective industries.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Reality shows are made at a dime for every dollar compared to a "Friends" where the stars begin thinking they ought to own a share of the gross national product and not just a nice paycheck.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Bitter about what? Bitter that reality TV is everywhere and since it's a genre I find brainless and devoid of entertainment? Or bitter that it's succeeded? Disco was popular in the U.S. as well...that doesn't mean Americans are right.

And as I recall, the title of the thread is "who gives a shiyat?" To me, that means reality TV haters are welcome to piss on your terrible TV program selection.

Draft saved Draft deleted