1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Gets Teixeira?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 28, 2008.

?

Mark Teixeira will be the most sought after free agent after the season. Who does he end up signing

1. New York Yankees

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. New York Mets

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Atlanta Braves

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Baltimore Orioles

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  5. Other

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Actually, it probably would suck.
    Soriano is an awful outfielder, Teixeira has played 32 games in the outfield, 18 in right. Fukudome would have to cover everything.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fukudome's doing that now, from right field.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The media in Atlanta seems convinced Tex is leaving. I mean, really, there isn't a scenario where it seems likely he'll stay with the Braves.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I voted the Orioles. Teixeira goes home to Maryland.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And then he'll truck it up 95 to make his home in Flushing.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My point was, why bitch about the Teixeira thread rather than just starting your own on Sabathia if you think he is such a big deal? He is as worth of his own thread as Teixeira.

Sabathia probably will be a higher priority for the Yankees if he becomes a free agent, but that doesn't mean the Yankees couldn't sign both.

I don't Thome is a viable alternative to Teixeira at this point. I doubt he can play first base regularly any more. Teixeira is a solid defensive player as well.

7. I'm curious about the people who voted "other". Where else could Teixeira land?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Royals or the Pirates.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He's a Gold-Glove caliber player, and very underrated, too.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Don't forget the Marlins. They're always big-time buyers.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Teixeira is not a difference maker. He's not going to be the difference between 2nd and 1st place. He's just the latest new gadget to hit the market. Now C.C., I'd like to have.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Somebody mentioned Seattle. I'm sure that was one of the "other" votes, but I doubt that is a realistic option.

Draft saved Draft deleted