1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who f*cking needs a Tarantino Star Trek film?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Jun 13, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Natural Born Killers was eerily prescient about reality TV (which hadn't been invented yet) and said quite a bit about our culture's infatuation with celebrity and violence.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Natural Born Killers was the start of "Let's just see how close to the violence line we can get."
    Harrelson and that movie in general gave me nightmares.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hateful Eight popped up on my Netflix the other night.
    Has there ever been a movie that started off so slow, then all of a sudden it turns into "Holy Shit, did that just happen?"

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Tarantino's Vulcans will have an extra-long sixth finger in the middle when they make the V sign.

(I would have to Photoshop one, since an example on a Google Image search didn't result in any joy.)

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Maybe “This is the End” with Rogan, Franco and Jonah Hill. But that movie sucked

6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Ranked:

1. Pulp Fiction - a masterpiece.

2. Kill Bill 1 & 2 - distilled the essence out of action dramas

3. Jackie Brown - a homage to African-Americans in the film industry woven around a clever plot.

4. Inglourious Basterds - a powerful spotlight on evil and the unflinching response needed to thwart it.

5. Django Unchained - it was reasonably entertaining.

6. Reservoir dogs - interesting for a play that was put on screen

7. Death Proof/Grind House - neither interesting or entertaining, self-indulgent.

8. The Hateful Eight - Nice pictures of snow.

SFIND and heyabbott like this.
  7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Tarantino?

Star Trek is a franchise that seemingly everyone would like a piece of, and would like to have a part in, whether they will admit it or not. (And many will).

From a director's standpoint, there's just an audience -- an established, ready-made audience -- for it. The success of the formula/franchise has been proven and is almost guaranteed, to the extent that the only real pressure on a director now is not to muck it up.

No small task, of course, and I don't really see Tarantino and Trek as going together. But I guess we'll see.

Draft saved Draft deleted