1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who else is working Christmas day?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Aussie_Nick, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Working Christmas (about 3-7 or 3-8), New Year's Eve and New Year's Day ... but my editor, bless him, got me two days off so I could fly 600 miles north to surprise my girlfriend and spend some time with her. (She's been in London for two months and is headed back Dec. 30 for two more months. I've grown to hate phone cards.) So I can't really complain.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Working Christmas rocks~~~

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

Off Christmas Eve, captain of the holiday ship on Christmas. Little Editudes aren't so little anymore, so it's OK on that level. Pretty easy day, too. I make sure to get off on New Year's Day for the bowls.

4. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

i'm in for xmas eve, xmas day, the rest of the week, new year's eve and new years day. having a small staff sucks -- especially when you have editor's status.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Not I. Worked Thanksgiving and will work on Christmas Eve, but have New Year's Eve and New Year's Day off, I think.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It just so happened my two days off for the last month or so, and for the next couple of weeks, were Sundays and Mondays. I'll take it!

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Work 4-8 tomorrow night, 5-10 Monday night. Seriously, what else was I going to do Monday night but sit there and watch the Eagles' game? And I'll get the day back next month, so...

8. I have no idea what this time and a half stuff is.

9. 805atHeart

805atHeart Member

"805, we're going to go ahead and need you to come in on Christmas Eve. And why don't you just show up on Christmas day, too." [/bestofficespaceimpressionfont].

Something along those lines, at least.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Blew my mind when I moved to this Red state -- they don;t know here either...

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Slappy, that's only because you're used to living in the Blue States where giving money away for not working is the norm. God I love Massachusetts.

12. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Not sure I've ever seen the terms "2underpar" and "working" used together before, other than "Is 2UNDERPAR WORKING today?"

100 percent of the time his underlings reply, "No, he's on the golf course."

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted