1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who else is fed up with Bill Belichick??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by robertwisor, Oct 21, 2008.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Count me in......His arrogance and the fact that NFL didn't keep him out of the second Pats game with the Jets last year after the so-called Spying episode didn't sit well with me.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Y kant hondo spel?

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Dear Hondo,

I am not fighting fires or teaching children how to read or making the lame walk again. I coach a football team and I know I am just providing entertainment, you dumb fuck. But I work in a profession where the difference between the best team and the worst team is perilously thin. The Tennessee Titans are very good this year and the Detroit Lions are horrifically bad. But a little bit more talent here, a few coaching moves there and both teams could easily be .500 teams. So that added little edge is the difference between winning and losing. The difference between a multi million dollar extension and being unemployed is way too close for comfort.

Leo Durocher once told Branch Rickey "There is a W column and an L column. I thought when I signed my contract ... it was my obligation to put as many as I could under that W column." I agree completely. Making your jobs easier may make me more friends. But it doesn't add any more to that W column. So go fuck yourself. I'm going to fuck your wife because I'm rich and you're not.

My warmest regards,

William Belichick

4. Belichick is no Rumsfeld on my idol scale but that doesn't excuse you from not spelling his name correctly.

But like the scorpion and the frog - I guess you can't help being a dick because its what you are (or is it what you eat?).

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Dear Bill:

First of all, my wife thinks you look like the homeless lost brother of Shemp and wouldn't come within a mile of you ... not that you could get it up, since women don't usually have Xs and Ox drawn on their forehead so you can game-plan while you're fucking them.

Second, I agree there is a small margin between NFL teams. That only means there is a small margin between 32 ego-maniacs whose IQs are two touchdowns lower than they think. Big fucking deal. About a year after the Canton Bulldogs kicked it off against the Decatur Staleys and the modern NFL began, coaches already figured out all the permutations and combinations of 11 guys on offense and 11 guys on defense. There's nothing new, nothing innovative. The spread is the single-wing. Teams were running the 3-4 defense in the 1950s. The run and shoot was invented by a junior college coach in Mississippi in the 1950s named Bull Sullivan (you can read about if in a Frank DeFord article in 1986).

It all comes down to getting players, getting them to buy into your system, not fucking up during the games, then getting lucky on 3 or 4 mismatches during the game and getting the 1 or 2 big plays you need. You won three Super Bowls mainly because you had the best clutch kicker in NFL history and a quarterback who down-checked his way to just enough points to win. We won't get into the fact that you reached one Super Bowl because the refs botched a fumble/incomplete pass call in the snow and the Panthers and Eagles literally handed you those games. Yet, with your best team, you let a wild-card that almost didn't make the playoffs beat you. Oh, yeah ... you're also a cheating prick.

Thanks for trying to validate your existence Bill. It won't work. Let the sycophant media and clueless fans idolize you. The rest of us know the truth ... if it wasn't for Tom Brady and Adam Vinatieri, you'd be the quality-control coach for the Falcons by now.

Best, Hondo

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

The amount of hate you feel for an NFL coach is startling. You need to bottle up that venom and save it for November 4th.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Republicans, Democrats and goddamn independents on here all agree on one thing: Hondo's astonishing ineptitude.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I feel like I'm trapped in JT The Brick's show.

9. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Talk about taking a turn for the worse ...

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If you think I'm the only Belichick-hater in the world, you've got another thing coming.

Draft saved Draft deleted